Sex and Crime
- Alexandra Fanghanel - Greenwich University, UK
- Emma Milne - Durham University, UK
- Giulia F. Zampini - University of Greenwich, UK
- Stacy Banwell - Greenwich University, UK
- Michael Fiddler - University of Greenwich, UK
Key Approaches to Criminology
Criminology & Criminal Justice | Critical Issues in Criminology & Criminal Justice | Sex Crimes
A comprehensive account of the myriad ways that sex and crime interact in contemporary social life, sensitively confronting topics such as nationhood, abortion, child sexual exploitation, war, disability, pornography, and digital cultures. To explain how sex and crime is composed by, and composes, our understanding of these issues, this book:
- Draws on the authors’ research expertise, insightful case studies, and leading scholarship from across the globe.
- Develops students’ capacity to engage thoughtfully with diverse problems and to think critically, this is achieved with the help of creative learning exercises, empathetic questioning, and relevant illustrative examples.
- Encourages readers to be reflexive, open-spirited, and curious about how issues of sex and crime touch their lives and those of people around them.
This book delivers an insightful examination of the link between sex and the presumption and assumption of criminal activity.
This book develops underpinning knowledge and theory around the contemporary issues of sex and crime.