Each chapter develops six strands of academic skills essential for successful study: reading; learning language/vocabulary; writing; researching; studying' and applying to your own subject. The detailed and focused activities and tasks will help you to:
- Make reasonable knowledge claims
- Become more aware of university culture and expectations
- Write according to academic standards
- Think critically and reflectively
- Respond to ideas in academic articles
- Document your work appropriately and avoid plagiarism
A companion website features a collection of articles from a variety of different sources related to the topics in each of the book's 10 articles.
Visit the Online Resources page for additional free downloadable support materials.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!