Toward a Globally Inclusive Workplace
- Michalle E. Mor Barak - University of Southern California, USA
Business & Management
Winner of the George R. Terry Book Award from Academy of Management and the Outstanding Academic Title Award from CHOICE Magazine
Successful management of our increasingly diverse workforce is one of the most important challenges facing organizations today. In the Fourth Edition of her award-winning text, Managing Diversity, author Michàlle E. Mor Barak argues that inclusion is the key to unleashing the potential embedded in a multicultural workforce. This thoroughly updated new edition includes the latest research, statistics, policy, and case examples. A new chapter on inclusive leadership explores the diversity paradox and unpacks how leaders can leverage diversity to increase innovation and creativity for competitive advantage. A new chapter devoted to “Practical Steps for Creating an Inclusive Workplace” presents a four-stage intervention and implementation model with accompanying scales that can been used to assess inclusion in the workplace, making this the most practical edition ever.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at study.sagepub.com/morbarak4e for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources.
The instructor resource site includes the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, and open-ended questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
Michàlle E. Mor Barak’s Managing Diversity: Toward a Globally Inclusive Workplace (4th Edition) is the go-to-book for people who want to study diversity management with a global perspective. It is an easy read with concrete strategies to manage diversity in the workplace. She encourages work organizations to adopt a new perspective on diversity. Building on its expanding importance to the workplace amid new socio-demographic and legislative trends, and the role of inclusive leadership, Managing Diversity comprehensively addresses the corporate role for inclusiveness as part of workforce management as well as at community, state and federal, and international levels. My students found the book to be useful and empowering.
Feel free to use what I wrote above.