Leadership and Learning
- Jan Robertson - New Zealand Coaching and Mentoring Centre
- Helen Timperley - University of Auckland, New Zealand
Administration & Leadership
- Effective leadership practices across a variety of contexts, such as system leadership, professional learning communities and leading different cultures
- Expert commentaries on research, practice and theory
- Overviews of international research evidence on leadership and learning
This book is for students on Masters, EdD courses and similar programmes in educational leadership.
'"Leadership for what?" ask the editors of this important new book - finally acknowledging that leadership's most important attribute is knowing where you are heading. Beginning to question the bedevilling assumption that school success is all about exams, this book is a significant step on the road from 19th to 21st century education' -
Professor Guy Claxton, author of 'What's the Point of School?'
Well written and accessible. Liked the reflective questions and activities.
Very clear links between the impact of good leadership and shared visions on progression of learning
Very comprehensive book. Aimed more at leadership within schools, and I work within HEI. However, there are many elements within the text that can be contextualised to HEI
A very important addition to the ranks of leadership texts, designed specifically for those involved in educational leadership. It is particularly strong in relation to values and beliefs. Well worth purchasing.
Useful text that clearly explains the relationship between leadership and the educational environment.
A very interesting text inrtroducing and developing some in depth discussion around the issues of leadership
Every school administrator should read this book.