In the second edition of this textbook designed for new researchers, Uwe Flick takes you through the process of doing a research project. This book leads you from the fundamental characteristics of quantitative and qualitative research to their associated research questions. It helps you to develop the fundamental data collection and analysis skills needed for your first project, and a thorough understanding of the research process as a whole.
Written in an accessible style without the complicated use of terms and details, this book would be an ideal companion for the beginning researcher while providing support to the more experienced scholar.
The book will help you to answer questions such as:
• How do I develop a research question?
• What is literature review and how do I conduct one?
• Is a qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods approach right for my research question?
• How could I collect and analyse data?
• What if I want to do my research online?