Contemporary Criminal Law: Concepts, Cases, and Controversies, Fourth Edition, combines the traditional concepts taught in undergraduate criminal law courses with thought-provoking cases and engaging learning tools. This bestselling text covers both foundational and emerging legal topics, such as terrorism, gangs, cybercrime, and hate crimes, in a student-friendly and approachable manner. Clear explanations of criminal law and defenses are complemented by provocative, well-edited cases and discussion questions that stimulate critical thinking and in-class discussion.
Give your students the SAGE edge!
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/lippmanccl4e.
SAGE edge for Instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to ease preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- Tables and Figures are available in an easily-downloadable format for use in papers, hand-outs, and presentations
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring one’s course
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter to encourage students to think critically
- Chapter activities for individual or group projects provide lively and stimulating ideas for use in and out of class reinforce active learning.
- Video and Multimedia, including carefully selected chapter-by-chapter video and multimedia content which enhance classroom-based explorations of key topics
- A ?course cartridge ?provides easy LMS integration
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- An online Action Plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, which allows students to individualize their learning experience.
- Mobile-friendly practice Quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Carefully selected chapter-by-chapter Video and Multimedia content which enhance classroom-based explorations of key topics.
- SAGE Journal Articles and Readings combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience. Full-text CQ Researcher, Pacific Standard magazine, and SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts.
- Web Resources are included for further research and insights.
- Additional Cases are included for further reading and application of the concepts.
- Sample Answers from the 'You Decide' boxes on the text.