The Third Edition of An Introduction to Researching with Visual Materials, a bestselling critical introduction to the study and analysis of visual culture, has been fully revised and updated. Each chapter retains its rigorous examination and demonstration of an individual methodology, while continuing to be clear in structure and lucid in style. Reflecting changes in the way society consumes and creates its visual content, new features include:
- A Companion Website featuring additional examples of digital and social media, and moving images
- Pedagogical enhancements including full color images, extended further reading, and updated case studies and visual examples
- An additional chapter and expanded coverage on social and new media, and more information on mass media in general (TV, Print, Broadcasting)
- An expanded focus on how each method can be used in relation to a range of different visual materials
- An additional chapter on how to use visual materials for research and the presentation of research findings
A now classic text, the book appeals to undergraduates, graduates, researchers and academics in all subjects looking to understand and clearly grasp the complex debates and ideas in visual analysis and interpretation.
This website has been specially developed for the third edition to provide further instruction, resources and examples, as well as interactive activities and exercises that allow you to practice specific methods or see them in action.
Use the links on the navigation bar to the left to explore information about the book and its author, additional resources by chapter, and the individual activities and exercises.
Some browsers will require you to enable popups or ActiveX when prompted for the interactive content in this site to work properly.
Your comments and questions about this website are always welcome. Please contact email@example.com.