Using Thinking Skills in the Primary Classroom
- Peter Kelly - Plymouth University, UK
Elementary Teaching Methods | Gifted & Talented Education | Special Education
The following is included:
- Advice on classroom organization
- Suggestions for group work
- Ways to use thinking skills in the various subject areas
- How to build on the thinking skills children of all abilities display
- Teaching techniques to promote thinking skills in the classroom
Each chapter ends with a summary of key points for action and practical tasks and examples are provided throughout the book. There is a selection of photocopiable material.
`The good practice points add depth to the practical nature of this book and clearly set out its intention to provide reflection for teachers to extend their own skills and practice' - Jan Baker, Head Teacher of Orchard Vale Community School
Excellent resource to promote critical thinking in the primary classroom.
A good resource to supplement our teaching and the students' research into developing Thinking within the classroom.
Links up well with our Thinking module.
Well written and easy to follow