Using their Brains in Science
Ideas for Children Aged 5 to 14
- Hellen Ward - Canterbury Christ Church University, UK
Brain-Friendly Teaching & Learning | Science | Teaching Methods & Learning Styles
This resource provides teachers with creative and engaging strategies to help learners ages 5–14 improve their thinking and learning skills in science.
Linked to current research in brain-based learning, the book emphasizes the importance of using movement to promote learning and offers practical guidelines on topics such as:
- Motivating students
- Developing learners' skills of detection
- Improving students' language skills and understanding of scientific vocabulary
- Assessing learning in science with effective strategies
- Promoting creativity
- Using computer technology to support learning
Using their Brains in Science is ideal for teachers and student teachers, and anyone interested in science and how children learn.
Gives further perspectives and examples to the science education for children
Book lacks a purpose. As a text for a science based course I despaired when the summary for the first chapter commenced with "The brian is a muscle ...."