- Dr David Jarvis, Coventry University and Deputy Director, Applied Research Centre in Sustainable Regeneration (SURGE)
"An accessible text for students that provides an excellent summary of the challenges facing the UK regeneration sector up to and including the present age of austerity."
- Dr Lee Pugalis School of Built Environment, Northumbria University
An engaging, systematic guide to the most dramatic transformation of our urban landscape since post-war reconstruction. This new edition has been fully revised to include:
- Improved pedagogical features, including an expanded glossary and increased visuals, as well as key learning points, useful websites and suggestions for further reading
- More content on local sustainability and issues linked to climate change
- A new chapter, 'Scaling Up', which examines how regeneration operates when considering very large schemes, such as the London 2012 Olympics.