The School Mentor’s Guide
How to mentor new and beginning teachers
- Colin Howard - University of Worcester, UK
- Joy Carroll - University of Worcester, UK
- Jane Owens - Worcester University
- Deborah Langston - University of Worcester, UK
Mentoring | Principal Mentoring, Induction & Coaching | Secondary Teaching Placement
Whether a recently qualified teacher who has taken on their first mentee or a professional mentor who is responsible for groups of trainees and teachers in the early years of their careers, this book explores what effective mentoring is and how to succeed in the role.
· Provides a framework for school-based mentors to work within.
· Outlines the key skills and qualities of effective in-school mentors.
· Supports mentors to build confidence and raise the status of their role.
· Brings greater coherence and consistency to school-based mentoring for trainee and beginning teachers.
added to support our mentors in ITE across primary