The SAGE Handbook of Persuasion
Developments in Theory and Practice
- James Price Dillard - Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Lijiang Shen - Pennsylvania State University, USA
Persuasion | Social Psychology
From a topical standpoint, this handbook takes an interdisciplinary approach, covering issues that will be of interest to interpersonal and mass communication researchers as well as to psychologists and public health practitioners.
Persuasion is presented in this volume on a micro to macro continuum, moving from chapters on cognitive processes, the individual, and theories of persuasion, to chapters highlighting broader social factors and phenomena related to persuasion, such as social context and larger scale persuasive campaigns. Each chapter identifies key challenges to the area and provides research strategies for addressing those challenges.
New to the Second Edition:
• 18 new chapters (including Fear and Threat Appeals, Narrative, and Health Campaigns) as well as additional thoroughly updated content
• A reformatted structure focuses primarily on Fundamental Issues, Theoretical Perspectives, and Contexts and Applications of persuasion
• balanced coverage of issues of enduring interest as well as those that are currently flourishing in the field
• chapter-by-chapter syntheses of prior research with a look to the future of persuasion research
• a comprehensive review and evaluation of issues relating to persuasion, with approaches to persuasion that vary in focus from micro to macro