The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology
- Amy Wenzel - Professional Consultant, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, USA
Abnormal Psychology | Clinical Psychology
Abnormal and clinical psychology courses are offered in psychology programs at universities worldwide, but the most recent major encyclopedia on the topic was published many years ago. Although general psychology handbooks and encyclopedias include essays on abnormal and clinical psychology, such works do not provide students with an accessible reference for understanding the full scope of the field. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology, a 7-volume, A-Z work (print and electronic formats), will be such an authoritative work. Its more than 1,400 entries will provide information on fundamental approaches and theories, various mental health disorders, assessment tools and psychotherapeutic interventions, and the social, legal, and cultural frameworks that have contributed to debates in abnormal and clinical psychology.
Key features include:
- 1,400 signed articles contained in 7 volumes and available in choice of print and/or electronic formats
- Although organized A-to-Z, front matter includes a Reader’s Guide grouping related entries thematically
- Back matter includes a Chronology, Resource Guide, Bibliography, and detailed Index
- Entries conclude with References/Further Readings and Cross-References to related entries
- The Index, Reader’s Guide themes, and Cross-References between and among entries all combine to provide robust search-and-browse features in the electronic version.
"The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology is the first [encyclopedia] to intermingle the full scope of both clinical psychology and
abnormal psychology into a comprehensive reference work... Quality, quantity, uniqueness, and accessibility make this encyclopedia
well worth the price and a required clinical psychology resource... Summing Up: Essential. Lower-division undergraduates through faculty and professionals."
"well-researched and organized...This collection would serve as an excellent source for students and the general public and as a quick reference for professionals."