The Process of Research in Psychology
- Dawn M. McBride - Illinois State University, USA
Research Methods in Psychology | Social Research Methods
The Process of Research in Psychology employs the pedagogical approach of spaced repetition to present a student-friendly introduction to conducting research in psychology. Drawing on more than 17 years of teaching experience, best-selling author Dawn M. McBride covers topics with step-by-step explanations to help students understand the full process of designing, conducting, and presenting a research study. Early chapters introduce important concepts for developing research ideas, subject sampling, ethics, and data collection; more detailed coverage of these topics is included in “More About” chapters to provide instructors with flexibility in their teaching. Concepts and skills relevant to more than one stage of the research process are covered in multiple contexts, providing repeated exposure to the topics students often struggle with but that are the most important in gaining research skills.
INSTRUCTORS: Bundle The Process of Research in Psychology, Fourth Edition with the Lab Manual for Psychological Research, Fourth Edition for only $5 more! Bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-6348-6
SAGE edge for instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students. The following assets are included on the password-protected site.
- PowerPoint presentations that follow the chapter structures with figures from the text.
- A Test Bank available in Word format which allows for easy customization.
- An Instructor’s Manual with chapter-specific discussion questions, class assignments, and more.
- Sample syllabi for setting up a semester or quarter class syllabus.
- A Lab Exercise Matrix, which serves as a guide for using this text in conjunction with the Lab Manual for Psychological Research, Fourth Edition, along with an Answer Key to the manual.
SAGE edge for students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment. The open-access site includes the following.
- eFlashcards for “anywhere, anytime” studying.
- Answers to all of the Test Yourself sections that appear at the end of each chapter.
- SPSS data files for the data examples with some additional SPSS data examples for each statistical test covered in chapters.
“This is a student-friendly text that motivates students to engage in the research process. Each chapter covers the topics necessary to allow the professor to enhance learning through classroom discussion and the applied use of the material learned. The book guides students in their quest of hypothesis testing and statistical analysis.”
“I really like this text. It fits well with the introductory course that I teach, it is at an appropriate reading level for my students, and it covers the key topics regarding the process of completing research projects. My students continually review it very highly, and it has great resources that help to keep things fresh each time I use it.”
love the ease of use. I am at a different institution and will continue to use this book and its supplement. My students love this book.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 3: Ethical Guidelines for Psychological Research