The Process of Research and Statistical Analysis in Psychology
- Dawn M. McBride - Illinois State University, USA
Experimental Psychology | Research Methods | Research Methods in Psychology
The Process of Research and Statistical Analysis in Psychology presents integrated coverage of psychological research methods and statistical analysis to illustrate how these two crucial processes work together to uncover new information. Best-selling author Dawn M. McBride draws on over 20 years of experience using a practical step-by-step approach in her teaching to guide students through the full process of designing, conducting, and presenting a research study. The text opens with introductory discussions of why psychologists conduct and analyze research before digging into the process of designing an experiment and performing statistical analyses. Each chapter concludes with exercises and activities that promote critical thinking, the smart consumption of research, and practical application. Students will come away with a complete picture of the role that research plays in psychology as well as their everyday lives.INSTRUCTORS: Bundle The Process of Research and Statistical Analysis in Psychology with the Lab Manual for Research and Statistical Analysis in Psychology for only $5 more!
SAGE edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- test banks that provide a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course; and
- an instructor’s manual that includes lecture notes which summarize key concepts by chapter, as well as discussion questions and suggested class activities.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- quizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- exclusive access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter, encouraging students to think critically; and
- answers to all of the Test Yourself sections that appear at the end of each chapter.
“This text provides an introduction to the entire research process from the development of the research question to the analysis of data. There is a stepwise, methodical approach to each aspect of research design and analysis, which undergraduate students are likely to find approachable.”
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Psychological Research
Chapter 2: Developing a Research Question and Understanding Research Reports