This book covers a wealth of topics, including:
- What do we mean by drama? - Playing, players, and plays
- Where is drama in the curriculum?
- Why is drama important?
- Where and when can drama happen in schools?
- What is the role of the adult?
- How can we start drama?
- Agreeing a Drama Contract
- Introducing some basic drama strategies
- How to plan a drama lesson
- What happens if…. A section that gives short answers to common questions asked by those who are new to working with classes of children doing drama
The book is ideal for new teachers and teaching assistants, as well as those more experienced educators who are not yet confident using drama techniques and whole class drama.