The Power of Pedagogy
- Jenny Leach - The Open University
- Bob Moon - Professor of Education at the Open University and Founding Director of the Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa (TESSA) Programme
Curriculum Design | Foundations of Education | Teaching Strategies for Diverse Students
In locating pedagogy as central to the process of education, the authors:
- Explore the historical and cultural antecedents of our understanding of pedagogy
- Analyze the way understanding of the working of the human mind influences teaching and learning
- Review and critique ideas about learning and the construction of knowledge
- Examine the way new forms of communication are impacting on the processes and purposes of pedagogic activity
'[This book] is readable, engaging, informative and provoking' - Tony Rae, ESCalate
'The book is encompassing all my own passions as a holistic practitioner; I feel it is multi-cultural, offering powerfully diverse and inclusive ideas of pedagogy. In particular, the concepts of this book are like a breath of fresh air for the 'disabled' student, talking about alternative assessment etc.' - Helene McArthur, ESCalate
A very comprehensive work that covers many aspects of pedagogy that require special attention of teachers and lectures.
Aides wider reading for a range of students. Readable and complementary to course.