Just getting in a good journalism course can be tough, and finding your first job can be even tougher. This book shows you how to succeed.
The National Council for the Training of Journalists knows more than anyone about how to get the qualifications you need, and find the job that is right for you. The NCTJ Guide to Careers in Journalism is your essential guide.
Author Andy Bull tells you all you need to know about becoming a journalist on a newspaper or magazine, on radio and television, or online. In this handy reference he examines what journalism is all about; how to pick the branch of the trade that is right for you; how to choose an NCTJ-accredited training course that will suit you and your individual goals; and how to ensure your career develops along the right tracks.
The book contains:
- Full details of over 60 highly-respected, NCTJ-accredited courses which give you exactly the qualifications you need
- Comprehensive outlines of what it will be like as a trainee journalist on newspapers, magazines, TV, radio or a website
- Day-in-the-life accounts from a wide range of young journalists
- Advice, quotes, comments, and warnings from over 100 working journalists
- A huge listing of potential sources of work experience, traineeships, and jobs