'When I showed my inspection copy to the Foundation Degree Programme Director, she said it was the whole programme in a nutshell' - Denise Reardon, Senior Lecturer, Canterbury Christ Church University
The Early Years Foundation Stage has been praised by academics and students for its theoretical underpinning and practical case studies. In the light of the revised EYFS, the new edition combines a comprehensive range of topics, up to date coverage of the EYFS curriculum, additional case studies, an increased focus on critical reflection, and access to free journal articles relating to key topics. It is an ideal resource for students undertaking any Early Years or Early Childhood Studies courses, or those working toward the Early Years Teacher qualification.
This second edition introduces new chapters on:
- Historical developments in early years educational policy
- Implementation of EYFS
- Play-based learning
- Observational recordings and analysis in the EYFS
- Working in partnership with parents
- Safeguarding children
- Children's health
- Inclusion in the early years
Outstanding Learning Features:
- Up to date coverage of revised EYFS
- New two-colour layout makes the book user-friendly and easy to navigate
- Chapter aims identify what each chapter will cover at a glance
- Case studies in each chapter help you to link theory to practice
- Further reading directs you to external resources to deepen your understanding
- Reflection tesks help you reflect on how the chapter can be applied to your personal and professional development.
Visit www.sagepub.co.uk/Palaiologou2e for free access to a selection of SAGE Journal Articles related to key topics in the book.