Engage, motivate, and inspire students with today’s best practices
This third edition of what has become a classic methods text reveals the most current approaches to inspire and motivate students. Donna Walker Tileston engages readers with real-life classroom examples, proven techniques for reaching every learner, and up-to-date strategies, all outlined in her reader-friendly style. She incorporates the latest research on brain-compatible pedagogy and learning styles throughout the updated chapters on today's most critical topics, including
- Using formative assessment for best results
- Integrating technology to connect students' school and home lives
- Differentiating instruction to inspire every student
- Connecting with children of various cultures, including those who live in poverty
- Creating a collaborative learning environment
Each chapter includes helpful lists, charts, and graphs. New and veteran teachers will find a treasure trove of invaluable tried-and-true strategies throughout this handy reference.