Teaching the Primary Curriculum
- Colin Forster - University of Gloucestershire, UK
- Rachel Eperjesi - University of Gloucestershire, UK
Curriculum & Content | Elementary Education | Preservice Training for Elementary
Planning for authentic learning begins with engaging children. This book explores each subject in the primary curriculum offering clear guidance on the distinctive elements of each and effective pedagogical approaches that support informed teaching.
Key aspects include:
· Real-life case studies including student teacher and expert commentaries
· Critical tasks for reflection and evaluation with suggested responses
· How effective teaching can nurture children’s intellectual development
This is essential reading for all students on primary initial teacher education courses including university-based (PGCE, BEd, BA with QTS), and schools-based (School Direct, SCITT, Teach First) routes into teaching.
The chapter offers accessible practical ideas which trainee teachers can relate to. Selected critical tasks with detailed responses enables them to reflect on creating robust, inclusive teaching environments. By understanding the purpose of segmental analysis, trainee teachers have a clear focus when addressing individual needs and developing physical literacy.
A super addition to our reading list with lots of support to enable students to plan and also learn the theory and reasoning.