For successful classroom teaching, your students need to be engaged and active learners. In Teaching Teenagers, there is practical advice that is grounded in the realities of teaching in today's classrooms on how to be an inspirational teacher and produce highly motivated students. This book contains 220 positive, practical teaching ideas that are relevant to both new and experienced classroom teachers.
- teaching tools to inspire and captivate
- motivation for learning
- engaging learners
- how to create a learning atmosphere
- classroom management
- cooperative learning
- learning outside of the classroom
- moving learners around the room
- assessment for motivation and engagement
- feedback and praise
- using emerging technologies to engage
- using homework
- supporting learners in learning how to learn
- challenging learners of all abilities
With reference to reflective practice, best practice, and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), this book provides essential support for student teachers, new teachers and experienced teachers looking to extend their repertoire.