Assuming no prior knowledge, this straightforward book will quickly help you teach design and technology in the primary school and related activities in the very early years. It gives you ready-made lesson plans and banks of teaching ideas for immediate use in your classroom.
Written for the busy trainee and teacher, this practical book features:
- A clear account of the nature of design and technology and what is expected of you
- Time-saving, photocopiable worksheets to help children grasp problems, develop ideas and plan
- Lots of activities for the children, some set out in step-by-step detail
- Advice on helping children make progress and on assessing their work
- Looking ahead: some guidance for the aspiring teacher on preparing for curriculum leadership
- Helpful chapter summaries