Educational partnerships for postsecondary readiness – your resource guide is here!
High school graduates want to be prepared to succeed in life after high school; for most that includes completing some form of postsecondary education. This thoroughly researched guide to building and sustaining effective, cross-system partnerships between high schools, colleges, and regional and local communities will help educators support students’ college and career readiness. College and career readiness experts, McGaughy and Venezia lead education stakeholders through a step-by-step process that improves postsecondary outcomes for all students.
This book stresses the need to build effective working relationships and offers practical, actionable, information and straightforward strategies to help you:
- Identify needs
- Leverage existing relationships, programs and resources
- Build and sustain regional and local partnerships
- Implement a plan to measure key outcomes and provide comprehensive supports to ensure postsecondary readiness
- Connect policies and practices across partnerships to benefit student learning
- Communicate and work across partnerships to support successful student transitions
Includes key research findings, real-world examples and reflections, and templates to guide your work to support improved student learning.