A Guide for School Support Staff
- Ashley Compton - Bishop Grosseteste University College
- Helen Fielding - The School of Education, Nottingham
- Mike Scott - Bishop Grosseteste University College
Mathematics | Teacher Assistants | Teacher Assistants/Support
Written for support staff, this book offers tested numeracy strategies for working with students and provides tools for expanding a staff member's own subject knowledge. Each chapter covers a different aspect of mathematics, highlighting key teaching points and common misconceptions, and case studies from teaching assistants bring the topics alive.
Readers will find guidelines for:
- Delivering an overview of key mathematics topics
- Introducing students to key numeracy concepts
- Supporting learners who have difficulty understanding concepts and challenge students who have grasped them easily
- Illustrating how numeracy links with other areas of the curriculum and with everyday life
This essential book for teaching assistants and support staff in early years and primary settings is particularly useful for anyone studying for a Foundation Degree.
This is a useful book for students. The first chapter gives a good introduction to the subject.
A good text for learning support foundation degree students, to accompay the langage, literacy and numeracy module.