Provides a fresh perspective on organizational strategy through a discursive and interactive approach.
The third edition of this well-accepted textbook features key theoretic tenets and emphasizes the practices of strategy. It encourages the reader to be open to a wider set of ideas and to adopt a cooler attitude towards the affordances of the digital world. The key areas of strategy take a critical stance in this new edition, which also include the areas that are less evident in conventional strategy texts such as not-for-profit organizations, process theories, globalization, organizational politics, decision-making as well as the future of strategy.
• Coherent and engaging overview of the established classics of strategy
• Innovative approach to contemporary issues such as power and politics, ethics, branding, globalization, collaboration and the global financial crisis
• Critical perspective that encourages readers to reflect on the strategy process and strategic decision-making
• Learning features, including a wealth of international case studies and accompanying discussion questions
• Robust companion website offering instructors’ manual, teaching slides, test bank, full-text journal articles, videos and web links