Lecturers - contact your local SAGE representative to discuss your course needs or to request an inspection copy.
Continuing its hallmark use of humour, this text helps students develop an understanding of an often intimidating and difficult subject with an approach that is informative, personable, and clear. Author Neil J. Salkind takes students through various statistical procedures, beginning with descriptive statistics, correlation, and graphical representation of data, and ending with inferential techniques and analysis of variance. In addition, the book covers SPSS and includes reviews of more advanced techniques, such as reliability, validity, and introductory non-parametric statistics. The new Fifth Edition offers more examples than ever before, and a new Real World Stats feature at the end of each chapter.
Interactive eBook Edition available!
The interactive eBook edition features animations of figures in the book, step-by-step videos that demonstrate how to carry out various procedures, data sets that are clickable right from the book pages, quick quizzes, video clips of the author talking about statistics in everyday life, and much more to help students boost their confidence with statistics. The interactive eBook is available for FREE when purchased as a bundle using ISBN 9781483344201 and provides 180 day access.
Click here to see a video walk-through of the rich Interactive eBook features.
Click here to view a sample chapter from the Interactive eBook.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at www.sagepub.com/salkind5e for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for Salkind’s Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics, Fifth Edition. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- The Instructor Teaching Site includes data sets for exercises in the book.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide student interpretation. Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning. The activities apply to individual or group projects.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- Carefully selected, web-based video links feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
- Web resources are included for further research and insights.
Use the Student Study Site to get the most out of your course!
Our Student Study Site at www.sagepub.com/salkind5e is completely open-access and offers a wide range of additional features, including something no other publisher offers: SAGE Journal articles!
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Datasets, available in both Excel and SPSS, allow students to practice and answer end-of-chapter questions.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards reinforce understanding of key terms and concepts that have been outlined in the chapters.
- Mobile-friendly web quizzes allow for independent assessment of progress made in learning course material.
- Carefully selected, video links feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
- Web resources direct you to useful and current web resources, along with creative activities to extend and reinforce learning or allow for further research on important chapter topics.
- Watch videos of the author discussing the material.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide your interpretation.