"This book provides students with everything they need to know in both a basic statistics course and also in introductory courses focused on spatial data analysis. It is extremely well-written, well-organized and has plenty of easily understood examples - really the ideal textbook. I recommend it extremely highly."
— Stewart Fotheringham, Director, National Centre for Geocomputation National University of Ireland Maynooth
The Third Edition of this bestselling text has been fully revised and updated. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the principal methods and techniques that students need to understand in order to successfully complete a statistics module. It remains unique in the teaching literature by being a primer on statistical methods written especially for students of geography, using spatial and geographical examples.
Features new to this edition include:
- Further introductory material
- Updated exercises and illustrative examples are provided at the end of each chapter
- Downloadable datasets
- A fully functioning web page with Excel workbook excercises and PowerPoint illustrations
A companion website with resources for instructors and students is available at www.sagepub.co.uk/rogerson.
New to the Third Edition:
- further introductory material
- updated exercises and illustrative examples
- updated downloadable datasets