Whether you are training to teach in primary or secondary schools, or stepping into the classroom as a qualified teacher, this book is your smart guide to informed classroom practice.
It offers guidance on developing essential teaching skills, drawn from robust research findings and real-life examples, with reference to the Core Content Framework throughout. Each chapter offers strategies for success that are quickly applicable and can save time as you enhance and improve your teaching practice.
Key topics include:
· Establishing positive behaviour in your classroom
· Structuring effective lessons for rapid learning
· Adapting your teaching to meet individual needs
· Using assessment to fine tune your teaching and enhance the learning
· What to expect after your teacher training
Julian White is Programme lead for the PGCE Secondary in Secondary English at Bradford College.