Skills in Gestalt Counselling & Psychotherapy, Second Edition is a practical introduction to the application of the Gestalt approach at each stage of the therapeutic process. Taking the reader through these stages, the book focuses on skills which arise out of Gestalt theory as well as those invoked by the therapeutic relationship.
As well as offering guidance on practice issues affecting counselors such as assessment and treatment considerations, using a variety of Gestalt techniques, and developing client awareness, this fully updated edition has been expanded to represent recent developments in the psychotherapy field. New material includes:
- The implications of neuroscience and psychotherapy outcome research for the therapeutic relationship
- New or expanded chapters working with disturbed and disturbing clients, the Gestaltist as researcher and the use of Gestalt in supervision and coaching
- Short term therapy for those working in such settings as EAPs, primary care and the NHS
This is an ideal text for use on therapy or counseling and counseling skills courses, and recommended reading for anyone who is training in Gestalt therapy or who wishes to integrate the practice of Gestalt into their work.
New to the 2nd Editon:
- Fully updated and expanded to represent new developments in the psychotherapy field
- Includes new material on short-term work in primary care and the NHS
- Includes new material on the implications of neuroscience and psychotherapy outcome research for the therapeutic relationship
- Features new chapters on exploring action research, disturbed and disturbing clients, and Gestalt supervision and coaching.