Scholarship is changing: we are on the journey together
At SAGE, we believe passionately that engaged scholarship lies at the heart of any healthy society and that education is intrinsically valuable. This vision drives our business and our actions. We are committed to supporting the scholarly communication chain and that includes being a collaborative partner with libraries.
All articles are free to access online, so do login and download. We encourage you to share them if you find them valuable.
- September 2017 – “Why do only a few women are able to move up the corporate ladder?” Read a SAGE Whitepaper on Gender stereotyping and its impact on Women’s careers which is picked up from the book Walk the Talk where the author Anjali Hazarika shares her experiences and personal insights on gender stereotyping.
- August 2017 – "Insights into some of the most persistent policy issues being dealt in a Democracy" provides insights into some of the most persistent policy issues being dealt in a Democracy.
- August 2017 – “Exploring the formulation and implementation of Public Policy” – This article that does not merely delve in the abstract theoretical issues when conceptualizing Public Policy. It provides a holistic understanding by exploring the formulation and implementation of public policy and highlights its technical characteristics.
- August 2017 – “The benefits of getting one’s business global are plenty, but are you ready with a strategy?” - Providing a review of the different ways to build a global strategy, in order to increase competitiveness and secure sustainability in the dynamic world of business.
- August 2017 – “Are you able to deal with change easily?” - a SAGE Whitepaper on “Dealing with Change” that suggests ways to confront changes and minimize its negative effects.
- August 2017 - "Doing Sociology of Gender in the Classroom: Re-imagining Pedagogies" - This article is an attempt to engage in a serious dialogue on how we do Sociology of Gender in our classrooms. How students effectively construct, represent and transform knowledge and how they develop competence in and beyond the learning areas depend much on the pedagogical insights that instructors employ in classrooms.
- July 2017 - "Understanding Mental Health of Children and Adolescents in Schools" explores the historical evolution of mental health and addresses the implementation of mental well-being of children and adolescents in contemporary school set-up.
- July 2017 - "Understanding Rural Development through the lens of dilemmas and dogmas around the subject" Keeping this diversification in mind, the literature on development abounds in a variety of dilemmas and dogmas
- July 2017 - "Is your brand crisis-ready in the age of Social Media?" - learn how several brands who faced social media crisis responded for effective results.
- June 2017 - "Women and Development—Understanding development through the gender lens" highlights the relationship between women and development in contemporary globalized and neoliberal world.
- June 2017 - "Identify the barriers to good Corporate Governance and learn how to deal with them effectively!" - analyses certain common barriers to good Corporate Governance
- June 2017 - “Are Leaders born or created?” – This article highlights several traits of good leadership in the most thought-provoking way.
- May 2017 - "How are we different from a Rock—Understand the effects of physiology on human behaviour" learn how the human mind shapes its physical behaviour!
- May 2017 - “Roadblocks to Effective Communication”- Read this article which highlights several hindering factors to effective communication and ways to overcome them
- April 2017 - “Wondering about core values of an organization? Learn its importance and boost your company’s growth!” - a SAGE Whitepaper on CORE VALUES OF A COMPANY which discusses how does a company shape its culture and what factors determine it.
- April 2017 - "Why Social research?"- Read this paper on Social Research and how this methodology can help in shaping your research into an erudite work.
- April 2017 - "Underweight and Pregnant: Designing Universal Maternity Entitlements to Improve Health"- presents several pieces of evidence to show that maternal malnutrition is a topic of broad concern. It also recommends ways of designing and administering a maternity entitlements program that would improve its chances for success.
- January 2017 - “Strategies to Enhance Emotional Intelligence”– explores how this personality dynamic, characteristic or potential can be nurtured and developed.
- January 2017 - “Dalit Children Dropout in Schools: Need for Inclusive Curriculum”– explores how school, through its structures and ideology including textbook culture, influences student’s decisions to stay out. It also aims to understand the socio-background behaviours of the children for dropout.
- December 2016 - “Reinventing Leadership: Seven Prime Realities of Business Today”–explores how school, through its structures and ideology including textbook culture, influences student’s decisions to stay out. It also aims to understand the socio-background behaviours of the children for dropout.
- December 2016 -"From Value Grabbing to Value Creating: Lesson for Leaders"– discusses the concept, when companies start to understand that they have a greater purpose than just to make profits, they move from being Value grabbers to becoming Value Creators.