SAGE Open Long FormOpen Access Monographs
Arts & Humanities | Sociology
SAGE Open Long Form: Open Access Monographs (SGM) is an innovative, open access publishing vehicle from SAGE. It is a special section within SAGE Open that is dedicated to the publication of long form, open access research in the Social Sciences and Humanities. SAGE Open Long Form is a new approach to publishing material that would have traditionally been published as print monographs at a time when there are fewer and fewer traditional routes available. Long form research articles submitted to SAGE Open Long Form will receive rigorous peer review overseen by the SAGE Open Editorial Office and Editorial Board. Accepted monographs will be published openly online with a Creative Commons license.
Why publish in SAGE Open Long Form?
· Global distribution of your research via the award-winning SAGE Journals online platform
· Professional copyediting and typesetting of your manuscript will ensure quality
· Publish under CC-BY license and maintain ownership of your work while encouraging reuse
· Low Manuscript Processing Charges (MPCs) starting at $5,000 for manuscripts at or below 100,000 words
· Rigorous peer review overseen by the SAGE Open Editorial Office and Editorial Board
Who should submit manuscripts to SAGE Open Long Form?
· Authors whose research should be published in a format longer than a traditional article
· Authors who want their work to receive free, broad, and global distribution on a powerful, highly discoverable publishing platform
· Authors who want their work branded and marketed by a world-leading social science publisher
· Authors who want or need their work to be open access because of university or government mandates
· Authors who want their work to receive quality reviews and efficient production
More about SAGE Open:
SAGE Open is a peer-reviewed, "Gold" open access journal from SAGE that publishes original research and review articles in an interactive, open access format. Articles may span the full spectrum of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities.
This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
SAGE Open Long Form: Open Access Monographs (SGM) provides a new avenue for authors who would have published their research in traditional, print monographs. It is a special section within SAGE Open, SAGE’s flagship open access journal for the humanities, social sciences, and behavioral sciences. SAGE Open Long Form publishes peer-reviewed, “Gold” open access monographs in an online format.
SAGE Open Monographs recommends that authors follow the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals formulated by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Proposal and Manuscript Submission
Please read the Full Submissions Guidelines (PDF) and complete this form before submitting your proposal at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/sgm.
The SAGE Open Editorial Office and Editorial Board will review your proposal and let you know if it has been approved. If your proposal is approved, you will receive instructions for submitting your full manuscript.
Please note that manuscripts not conforming to these guidelines may be returned. Only manuscripts of sufficient quality that meet the aims and scope of SAGE Open Monographs will be reviewed.
SAGE Open Monographs publishes peer-reviewed, “Gold” open access monographs in a dual format (online with optional printed copies). We welcome monographs that span the full extent of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities.
Introductory Manuscript Processing Charges
If, after peer review, your manuscript is accepted for publication, a one-time manuscript processing charge (MPC) is payable. This MPC covers the cost of publication and ensures that your monograph will be freely available online in perpetuity under a Creative Commons license.
The manuscript processing charge (MPC) is calculated as follows:
At or below 100,000 words*
Over 100,000 words*
*Word count includes: manuscript, references, notes, tables, and figures. Manuscripts may be no longer than 200,000 words.
SAGE Open Monographs publishes manuscripts under the Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY), which allows others to re-use the work without permission as long as the work is properly referenced.
Alternative license arrangements are available, for example, to meet particular funder mandates, made at the author's request.
Visit SAGE's OA licenses page and our author FAQ page for more information.
For more details on the Submission Guidelines, contact the SAGE Open Editorial Office as follows: email@example.com.