Are you a new or trainee SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) looking for guidance? Do you have responsibility for your school's special educational needs (SEN) provision?
Leading and co-ordinating SEN provision within a whole school is a mammoth task, and this book is your ultimate guide to getting it right. By breaking down the detailed information into manageable chunks, this book sets out the responsibilities of the SENCO and helps you make sure you are meeting the requirements of the SENCO Regulations. It is an invaluable guide for those working with children and young people from Birth to 19 in any setting.
- SEN, disability and Every Child Matters (ECM) legislation and policy
- key elements of the National Award for SEN Coordination
- coordinating SEN provision
- planning and deploying the SEN budget
- working in partnership with young people, parents and other professionals
- leading, developing and supporting colleagues
- record keeping and information management
- provision mapping and management.
Visit www.sagepub.co.uk/ritacheminais for downloadable materials to support the chapters in this book, which include templates, activities, a PowerPoint presentation, staff surveys and training plans.
Suitable for new SENCOs and anyone responsible for SEN provision in their setting, this handbook will also be of interest to everyone involved with delivering the national SENCO training.