Research Methodology: A Step by Step Guide for Beginners has been written specifically for those with no previous experience of research or research methodology.
Written in a logical and accessible style and providing helpful techniques and examples, it breaks the process of designing and doing a research project into eight manageable operational steps. The book guides you through your project from beginning to end by offering practical advice on:
• formulating a research question
• ethical considerations
• carrying out a literature review
• choosing a research design
• selecting a sample
• collecting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data
• writing a research report
The book is essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students in the social sciences embarking on quantitative or qualitative research projects.