Written for anyone working in the field of early years education and care, this book encourages students and practitioners to consider their own practice and to examine practice in a wide range of early years settings. The four sections link closely to the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and support the reader in developing a critical and reflective approach to their own work.
Issues covered include:
- Play in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in England
- The Foundation Phase in Wales
- Safeguarding children
- The healthy child
- Leading a team at a Children's CenteR
- How caregivers are working with the EYFS
- Leading and managing a multi-agency workforce
- Continuing Professional Development for early years practitioners
Ideal for those working towards Early Years Professional Status (EYPS), this book is also a must-read for students on any early years course, and will help the professional development of all practitioners working with the Birth to Eight age range.