The workforce is changing and talent management is more important than ever. Recruitment and Selection: Strategies for Workforce Planning & Assessment unpacks best practices for designing, implementing, and evaluating strategies for hiring the right people. Using a proven job analysis framework, author Carrie A. Picardi uses her academic and industry experience to teach students how to assess candidates in an accurate, legal, and ethical manner. With clarity and relevance, this book truly bridges theory and concept with practice in an engaging manner and will benefit students who need to hit the ground running to successfully manage workforce needs and activities in a myriad professional settings.
About the Author
1. Introduction to Workforce Planning and Assessment
2. Legal Compliance and Ethical Considerations
3. Job Analysis and Design
4. Job Description and Competency Model Development
5. Job Evaluation
6. Recruitment Strategy
7. Selection and Interview Strategy
8. Selection: Simulations and Assessment Centers
9. Selection: Employment Testing
10. Making the Hire—Final Assessment of Candidate–Job Fit
Instructor Resource Site
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs.
- Test banks in Word format provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.