Public Health: Building Innovative Practice examines the main challenges facing public health today and fosters an informed and creative response by practitioners. It explores effectiveness in team working, communication, managing change and inter-agency working, ethics and reflective practice. It addresses the key areas of public health practice including:
- analysis and use of information to improve health and well-being
- collaborative working to plan and implement programs and interventions
- assessing evidence of effectiveness
- managing risk and reducing health inequalities
- reviewing and influencing public health policy
Public Health: Building Innovative Practice provides students with knowledge and skills from which to build innovative practice. It is an ideal text for courses on public health and health promotion.