Politics and Practice
- Lee Adams - Health Action Zone, Wakefield Health Authority, Wakefield
- Mary Amos - Healthy Portsmouth, Portsmouth
- James Munro - University of Sheffield, UK
Health Communication | Public Health
Promoting Health provides an up-to-date and accessible introduction to current health promotion and public health developments in the UK. The text provides both an outline of health promotion theory and draws on the experience of practitioners to demonstrate health promotion practice and provide students, policymakers and practitioners with practical and theoretical inspiration.
- shows clearly the links between health promotion theory and practice, by featuring a range of practical case studies
- includes short papers on key issues within health promotion
- provides a British focus on health promotion but within an international context
This highly accessible volume seeks to present views of health promotion from a materialist perspective - a view widely shared in practice, but not previously explored fully within the literature.
An excellent text for linking theory to practice. Useful for a wide range of health care practitioners.
This book could be used as a supplementary book for health promotion and policy context.