Professional Issues for Primary Teachers
- Ann Browne - University of East Anglia, UK
- Derek Haylock - Education Consultant
(Advanced) Certification Training | Early Childhood Education | Elementary Teaching Methods
- The school environment
- Teachers' values and professional practice in primary schools
- Primary School Teachers and the Law
- Parents' rights and roles in primary education
- Special educational needs in mainstream schools
- Provision in primary schools for gifted and talented pupils
- Education for a multi-cultural society
- Spiritual and moral development, and Citizenship Education
This book is important reading for trainee primary teachers following any initial training route; for NQTs and for practicing teachers.
This text deals with a huge range of different issues likely to be faced in the primary classroom. Being published initially in 2004 it is slightly out of date e.g. references to National Literacy Strategy. Perhaps a revised edition is due.
Very broad range of topics that are particularly suited to final year students/NQTs.