Mark Brundrett's influential book offers a unique mix of theory and practical guidance, showing you how to apply leadership techniques and approaches. This new and revised edition includes sections on:
- Key concepts in the theory of educational leadership and management
- The practice of educational leadership and management
- Developing educational leaders
Focused and accessible, the book contains helpful pedagogical features:
- An overview and key learning aims at the start of each chapter
- Discussion and summaries of key research, figures, and a clear discussion of the main issues
Written by leading academics in the field, chapters cover key topics: such as: strategy, leading teaching and learning, leading and managing staff, the efficient and effective deployment of resources, and working with the community. This book is essential reading for acting or aspiring school leaders on CPD programs and graduate courses.