Postgraduate Study in the UK
The International Student's Guide
- Nick Foskett - University of Southampton, UK
- Rosalind Foskett - University of Southampton, UK
Post-Graduate Study Skills | Postgraduate Study
This book provides essential guidance for all students who are thinking of studying for a postgraduate qualification in Britain.
Alongside detailed information about the British university system (from the application process to the viva) Nicholas and Rosalind Foskett provide readers with an introduction to other essential pastoral and practical aspects to study in Britain: Immigration regulations; living and working in Britain; cultural traditions and expectations of student life; finance and support systems.
- Written with a focus on key questions frequently asked by postgraduate students
- Every chapter includes a Pause for Thought feature designed to encourage students to spend time thinking about views, needs, and ideas on the topic that is being covered
- End-of-chapter Key Risks section presents a brief summary of the main elements to be aware of in order to avoid problems.
This book is easily accessible and is essential reading for anyone thinking about, or already enrolled on, a postgraduate course in the UK who is less familiar with the unique character of the British HE system and unfamiliar with British culture in general.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
This is an exemplary book... I would recommend it to anyone involved in giving advice to UK students intending to undertake postgraduate study.