- John Bratton - Honorary Professor in the Management School at Queen's University Belfast, Northern Ireland
Leadership | Management Sciences | Organization Studies
Understand the reality of contemporary organizational leadership with the second edition of this thought-provoking textbook.
Through an analysis of key theories and topical issues such as innovation, gender, power, ethics and environmental sustainability, the authors deftly illustrate how leadership cannot be extricated from the wider organizational context and why leadership is increasingly seen as a shared endeavour between leaders and followers. The book has been fully updated, with a new introduction discussing the challenges faced by leaders during the Covid-19 pandemic as well as a Foreword by Mary Robinson.
NEW to this edition:
- A new chapter on Team Leadership looks at team dynamics, the role of technology in teamworking and the challenges arising for virtual teams
- A new chapter on Leadership and Artificial Intelligence covers the rise of AI and big data, and how AI affects the employment relationship and leader-follower relations
- A new Ethical Spotlight feature in all chapters explores ethical issues faced by leaders and encourages reflection
Suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate students studying leadership.
John Bratton is Honorary Professor in the Management School at Queen's University Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Instructor Resources (Log-in needed)
- A Video Teaching Guide with Video URLs and accompanying questions, that can be used in class or make them available to students on your LMS/VLE before or after your lectures.
- Test bank - a set of MCQ questions, for directed learning or assessment purposes.
- PowerPoint slides to be adapted for use in class.
- A selection of SAGE Business Cases and accompanying teaching notes to provide you with additional case study material for use in class.
- VLE/LMS Download: Upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s virtual learning environment (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs.
Used the previous versions.