Every chapter of Organizational Ethics provides you with opportunities to apply ethical principles and practices in a variety of settings through self-reflection, analyses, projects, and discussion. Written in a reader-friendly style, each part of the book is layered around organisational behaviour. The parts introduce moral theories used in ethical problem-solving; examines individual motivations; looks at the ethical dilemmas of groups, teams, and leaders as well as offers strategies for creating ethical cultures and promoting social responsibility. This book shows how you can develop your ethical expertise and provides opportunities to practice problem-solving to defend your decisions.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Additional self-assessments and updated case studies foster skill development and ground the theories introduced in the text.
- New cases featuring Sea World, Rolling Stone, and other organizations illustrate relevant application of the principles of organizstional ethics.
- A new chapter focused exclusively on ethics and global diversity provides the tools and strategies necessary for creating ethical global citizens.
- Extended material on corporate social responsibility further promotes organisational citizenship.
- The incorporation of emotion into ethical decision making examines the impact emotion has on moral deliberation and behaviour.
- New and updated coverage of key topics such as Aristotelian ethics, proactive influence tactics, apology, financial fraud, and cosmopolitanism illustrates relevant application of the principles and brings students up-to-date in important areas of organisational ethics.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at study.sagepub.com/johnson3e for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for Organizational Ethics, Third Edition, by Craig E. Johnson. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Case notes include synopses, analyses, learning objectives, and discussion guides to assist with case-based teaching.
- Teaching strategies, including suggestions for additional readings, provide a jumping-off point for course assignments, papers, research, group work, and class discussion.
- Carefully selected, web-based video links feature content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics. When relevant, related questions for discussion are included.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.