Organizational Culture in Action
A Cultural Analysis Workbook
- Gerald W. Driskill - University of Arkansas at Little Rock, USA
- Angela Laird Brenton - University of Arkansas at Little Rock, USA
Management Communication | Organizational Communication | Organizational Culture
Based on more than 20 years of experience the authors help students apply cultural insights to fostering diversity, supporting organizational change, making leadership more dynamic, exploring the link between ethics and culture, and making organizations more effective overall.
Unique to Organizational Culture in Action are the various examples the authors have included, which are taken from their consulting experience with more than 150 organizations. An example analysis from a student has also been included to show novice researchers how they too can improve their organizational performance using this workbook.
An open-access student study site includes:
- E-Flashcards: This study tool reinforces student understanding of key terms and concepts that have been outlined in the chapters.
- SAGE Journal Articles: A “Learning from SAGE Journal Articles” feature provides access to recent, relevant full-text articles from SAGE’s leading research journals. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter.
- Web Resources: These links to relevant websites direct both instructors and students to additional resources for further research on important chapter topics.
- Web Quizzes: Flexible self-quizzes allow students to independently assess their progress in learning course material.
- Example Papers: These "executive summary" focused reports and papers provide a fuller discussion of methods and data. Some papers represent the work of an individual student, whereas others are dyad or team based projects.
A password-protected instructor teaching site includes:
- Discussion Questions: Chapter-specific questions help launch discussion by prompting students to engage with the material, and by reinforcing important content.
- Essay Questions: Essay questions for every chapter will aid instructors in assessing students’ progress and understanding.
"This workbook does a tremendous job of making a lot of complex information easy to understand and apply to real situations."
"Excellent and most applicable for any organization going through restructuring."
Still reviewing, would like to add a new course or change text in Capstone.
Useful for supplementary reading and gaining another aspect of culture.
Fantastic book to help students walk through an organizational cultural assessment.
It's very interesting, but didn't quite work for me.
wow what a book!!!. for me as a lecturer it is full of inspiration for teaching. for students it is clear and concise.