There’s no shortage of tips, tricks and friendly advice for newly qualified teachers, but how can they separate the wheat from the chaff? What is recommended, reliable, and backed by expertise and evidence?
The NQT book is written by experienced teachers and teacher training experts—sources you can trust to provide pragmatic and evidence-based support. Here are top five reasons why you should recommend it to your trainees:
- Provides guidance that is a natural extension of their teacher training
- Avoids quick fixes and shortcuts that will prove unhelpful in the long-term
- Covers areas NQTs say they need more support including communicating with parents and carers and teaching EAL pupils
- A focus on mindfulness and teacher wellbeing to guide NQTs in maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Case studies and research summaries provide evidence of the impact of particular approaches and why