Models of Professional Development
A Celebration of Educators
- Bruce Joyce - Booksend Laboratories
- Emily Calhoun
Coaching | Designing & Evaluating Staff Development | Mentoring
Grounded in current research, the book provides an in-depth examination of:
- Models to support individuals
- Collaborative personal/professional direct service models, e.g., mentoring and coaching
- Collaborative and cooperative models
- Models designed to achieve curricular and instructional change.
“This book serves as a very useful resource to those who develop, organize, and research staff development for teachers. The authors understand that it is important to describe the models we use as well as to consider their application and improvement in the future. The authors’ call to engage in research about staff development is a very significant challenge to professionals in the field.”
“The flowing finesse of writing style, blended with historically relevant theories and contemporary examples of action research, makes this a soon-to-be classic text.”
Text does not meet the requirements of my course. Good book - some of the information and language used to describe professional learning is dated.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: The Faces of Professional Development in Education