What does effective mentoring mean in actual practice? How can I be a good mentor?
This book answers these questions and is designed to offer nursing and healthcare students a foundation in effective mentoring. Chapters examine the roles and responsibilities of the mentor, and how they enhance the process of mentorship. By examining the relevant competencies and knowledge base, the book provides an essential framework for developing the practice skills needed for successful mentoring.
- Portrays real-life practice and case study examples
- Offers tips for successful mentoring and reflects upon likely challenges
- Provides a range of interactive study activities linked to the student and mentor's experiences
- Presents the most up-to-date professional guidance
- Includes running themes of reflective practice; evidence-based practice; and multi-professional working
Mentoring Nursing and Healthcare Students will help both the mentor and the student to develop the skills needed for effective collaboration. It is the core text for mentor preparation and mentor update courses in nursing, midwifery, and allied health.