This practical, easy-to-read resource helps administrators gain the tools they need to make their schools safe and humane learning environments for all students. The top ten behaviour problems of today's students, practical advice on how to use data to improve student behavior, insight on how to structure a functional behaviour assessment plan that works, a behaviour function grid, sample plans that have worked with actual students, and a list of 50 things you can do tomorrow to improve student behaviour are included, along with ready-to-use forms to observe and document student behaviour. It's a valuable resource for principals, teachers, and parents.
List of Forms and Exhibits
About the Authors
1. Managing Unmanageable Students: Who Needs to Change?
2. What You Need to Know
3. What You Need to Do
4. Rewards and How to Use Them Effectively
5. Punishment: What It Is and How to Make It Work for You
6. Effective Teachers Equal Effective Students: Critical Teaching Behaviors
7. Learning: The Magic Wand for Good Behavior
8. The Proactive Principal: Fifty Things You Can Do Tomorrow
Appendix A: Reference Tools for Principals
Appendix B: Practical Tools for Teachers
Appendix C: Resource Library for the Parents of Elementary School Students