This book provides a comprehensive overview and analysis of the current thinking on managed care, exploring the issues related to treating chronic illness in Managed Care Organizations; chronic care in MCOs versus that provided under traditional insurance arrangements; specific programs MCOs have develped and there effectiveness; and futre avenues for development and research.
2. Chronic Illness and Managed Care: What Are the Issues?
3. Individuals With Chronic Illness: MCO Versus Fee-for-Service Comparisons
4. The Prevalence of Chronic Illness Management Programs in Managed Care Organizations
5. Use of Administrative and Medical Records Data by MCOs for Chronic Illness Management
6. The Effectiveness of Targeted Initiatives in Treating Chronic Illnesses
7. Conclusions and Future Research Directions
About the Authors