"An invaluable resource to help students think about what they want to gain from their placement and prepare for interview. Covering issues of pay to working abroad and learning from placements, its all here under one cover."
- Heather Collier, Director, National Council for Work Experience
This study guide is an invaluable resource for any student doing a work placement as part of their degree. The text provides practical and thorough advice to help students select, prepare, and navigate through their first experience of organizational life.
- Covers every step of the work placement process; from planning, making contact, interviewing and assessment, through to work skills and reflective learning and how to make the most of the placement experience and the opportunities it presents for future careers
- Includes short testimonials in each chapter from students who have done placement years, offering experiences and advice
- Provides checklists to help students cover every consideration for commencing on their placement
- Offers an extensive list of helpful websites and contacts, as well as further reading suggestions
An essential source of support and guidance for undergraduate students doing work placements or internships as part of their degree course.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!